FAQs By Jack™
How to handle imagery and GIS data
Dr. Jack Paris has used the TNT products for over 16 years. These FAQs accompany a series of Scripts By Jack™ which demonstrate techniques for processing imagery and GIS data with TNT's geospatial scripting language (SML). Jack shares these sample scripts and grants permission to use them without restriction.
These FAQs by Jack describe the underlying theory and fundamentals, and define the names for the parameters, variables, and objects in the scripts.
- Table of Contents
- FAQ A. Remote Sensing Tutorial (42 pages) (relates to SRFI.sml)
- FAQ B. Surface Reflectance Images - SRFI.sm/ (40 pages) (relates to SRFI.sml)
- FAQ C. Diagnostic Products for Surface Reflectance Images - DIAG.sml (13 pages) (relates to DIAG.sml)
- FAQ D. Terrain Correction for Surface Reflectance Images - TERCOR.sml (11 pages) (relates to TERCOR.sml)
- FAQ E. Grand Unified Vegetation Index Images - GRUVI.sml (31 pages) (relates to GRUVI.sml)
- FAQ F. Tasseled Cap Transformation Images - TASCAP.sml (38 pages) (relates to TASCAP.sml)
- FAQ G. Improved Coastal Images - WATER.sml (19 pages) (relates to WATER.sml and FILTER_WATERMASK.sml)
- FAQ H. Scene Object Polygons (relates to OBJECT.sml)
Jack Paris is a private remote-sensing & GIS consultant working out of Longmont Colorado. He has written hundreds of publications and scripts in TNT's geospatial scripting language about optical, radar, and GIS applications for mapping and monitoring of the environment.
Related Color Plates:
Scripts by Jack(tm): Calibrating Multispectral Satellite Images (overview)
Scripts by Jack(tm): Workflow: Calibrating/Analyzing Multispectral Images
Scripts by Jack(tm): Calibrate Satellite Images to Surface Reflectance(SRFI.sml)
Scripts by Jack(tm): Correct for Terrain Induced Radiance Effects (TERCOR.sml)
Scripts by Jack(tm): Mapping Vegetation/Soil Biophysical Properties (GRUVI.sml)
Scripts by Jack(tm): Color-Enhance Satellite Images of Coastal Areas (WATER.sml)
Scripts by Jack(tm): Mapping Dense Vegetation and Bare Soils (DIAG.sml)
Scripts by Jack(tm): Generalized Mapping of Biophysical Properties (TASCAP.sml)
Related Classroom Presentation:
Precision Remote Sensing and Image Processing for Precision Agriculture (PA) based on his SML scripts using the TNT products.